The needs for the Ogden Rescue Mission this week (March 23-29, 2015) are laundry soap and milk. Our congregation occasionally has the opportunity to serve an evening meal at the Ogden Rescue Mission. The Rescue Mission provides these services in our community:
- Meals prepared and served to the poor and needy men, women, and children who come to the doors seeking help.
- Evening nondenominational chapel services.
- Residential rehabilitation program for those with addictive behaviors.
- Free medical and dental care for shelter and local residents staffed by volunteer health professionals.
- The Mission Thrift Store on Wall Avenue, which helps local needy families and provides jobs for the residents in the rehabilitation program.
The mission depends solely on donations in order to survive. There is no government funding for this facility. You may make a donation to the Rescue Mission directly or through our church.
In addition, the Mission needs these items:
- Men’s, women’s, and children’s warm winter coats, hats, and gloves in all sizes.
- Toiletries and paper goods.