All volunteers who work with children at Congregational UCC must fulfill the following requirements:
- Have attended the church for at least 6 months prior to volunteering with children.
- Not appear as a registered sex offender on the official website.
- Not be alone with a child in the ministries of Congregational UCC (unless the child is a member of their family or has been placed in their care by family members). There should always be two adults in a classroom.
- When it is absolutely impossible to have two adults in a classroom or other situation involving children, follow the “open door” policy. This means that the adult and child(ren) meet and perform activities in a community area with doors open and free access for anyone to see the activity.
- Attend the training required of all child-care and education volunteers and staff.
- Sign a covenant following this training that indicates that they understand and agree to follow abuse prevention and reporting rules.