In 2012, the congregation voted to form teams that would discuss and develop goals for the church in the coming few years. In a survey of active members and friends, we learned that our church’s top three topics are JUSTICE, OUTREACH and GROWTH. From that input, the group developed the following goals, and created teams to work on these goals.
The Congregational United Church of Christ will:
1. Put justice at the center of its worship, fellowship and mission efforts. To do this, we will gather a team that will consider ways to encourage congregational input and effort toward identifying those justice issues that we care most deeply about and in which we can make an impact. Continue reading about the Justice Team →
2. Create a just and safe place for people who are gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender. To do this, we will gather a team that will consider ways to accomplish this goal, including, but not limited to, researching the process of becoming designated as Open and Affirming. Continue reading about the LGBT Affairs Team →
3. Create a just place for people of all genders and a spiritual and emotional refuge for those in abusive domestic situations. To do this, we will gather a team that will consider ways to accomplish this goal, including, but not limited to, making our worship language “gender neutral.” Continue reading about the Gender & Domestic Abuse Team →
4. Work to attract more faith-seekers as members and friends. To do this, we will gather a team that will consider adjusting or adding worship times, adjusting the music in our services, enriching our Christian education offerings for children and youth, and other ways to make our church more accessible and comfortable for newcomers of all ages.
5. Better communicate our vision, identity and accomplishments to the larger community. To do this, we will gather a team to develop and define a marketing brand and advertising campaign for print, broadcast, internet and interpersonal venues. Continue reading about the Outreach & Growth Team →
6. Each of the aforementioned teams will report back to the congregation at the next quarterly meeting regarding its progress and time frames for meeting its goals.
Your Visioning Committee: