Our 5th annual Come Together Community Meal & Resource Fair will be held from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Nov. 7, at the Marshall White Center, 222 28th St., in Ogden. We need dozens of volunteers to make it run smoothly. These are the positions:
- Setup: Among the duties are putting up tables & decorations; organizing the coats, hats & gloves; stacking the dog food; possibly assembling the hygiene kits. All of this must be done Saturday afternoon.
- Greeters: Welcome the guests as they enter the Marshall White Center. Help direct them to tables for dinner, and to the areas where the goods and services are provided.
- Serving line: Fill plates with the sandwiches and sides, desserts, drinks, etc. (A food handler’s license is not necessary.)
- Table hosts: Welcome the guests as they sit down for dinner. Deliver the food and drinks to them. Talk to them, answer questions about goods & services, etc.
- Assist with coats, pet food & hygiene kits: Guests will be allowed one coat, one bag of food, one hygiene kit. Each of these items will be located at a different station. Help them navigate these areas. Help guide them to the area where community services will have tables or booths.
- Children’s activities:Help the children have a good time. We will likely have face painting, temporary tattoos, arts & crafts, etc.
- Clean up: After it’s all over, we need to leave Marshall White cleaner than we found it — sweeping, mopping, storing tables and chairs, etc.
Please fill out the form below with your contact information and tell us when you can be there and what you would like to do. Thanks!